Saturday, December 6, 2008

Campagnolo Logos

1943 Winged wheel
Campagnolo was established in 1933 by Tullio Campagnolo.
In 1943, exactly ten years later, the first Campagnolo logo was made official: the historic winged wheel. The design reflects the company well, highlighting the quick release, a component that owes its origins to the ingenious intuition of the company founder and that remains today the universal standard.

1943-1948 The wheel takes flight

In the years that followed, the Campagnolo logo was changed slightly; initially the word cambio (rear derailleur) was moved outside the wheel to make it more visible and then, in 1948, it was removed altogether as the company’s range had expanded.
The Vicenza-based company no longer focused exclusively on the manufacture of rear derailleurs and began manufacturing numerous other components for the bicycle. The wings were also redesigned and streamlined, reflecting the desire to take flight effortlessly and reach a standard a step above other parts manufacturers.

1982-1986 Towards the shield
The winged wheel was updated and in 1982 a new logo, a twist on the original from the ‘40s, was registered. The new design was much more basic than its predecessors; the wheel lost its spokes keeping only the rim, the wings and quick release were stylized further to convey the overall impression of being light.
The same winged wheel was changed again in 1983 inside the shield designed specially in celebration of the company’s fifty years in business and, with the addition of the writing CAMPAGNOLO, is the shield that still symbolizes the company around the globe, appearing on each company product.

No comments:

Post a Comment