Tuesday, December 30, 2008

NJ: A Long Ride for a Blueberry Muffin


Monday, December 29th: Beautiful day, 40sF, with lots of sunshine; it was a good idea to push off riding yesterday to today. My ride took me through the towns of Long Valley, Middle Valley, Califon, High Bridge, Glen Gardner, and Woodglen.




In High Bridge I ventured onto Buffalo Hollow Road (now paved) which gave me a nice surprise in the way of a view of Spruce Run Reservoir glinting in the sun. The reservoir covers 1,290 acres with 15 miles of shoreline for recreation; it's the third largest reservoir in the state after the Round Valley and Wanaque reservoirs.



After that my goal was to get to the Woodglen General Store for a fresh blueberry muffin. The new owner, Ed, just spent the last two months re-doing the interior. He is cyclist friendly, even apologizing for not having a bike rack outside (being painted).

2 comments: