Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tirreno-Adriatico


FIRENZE (Florence), 23 February 2009 - The 44th edition of the Tirreno-Adriatico, the "race of the two seas", professional road race was presented here today. The 7 stage race, from 11 to 17 March, will begin for the first time in Tuscany. It's expected to be an important test for Ivan Basso as he prepares for the Giro d'Italia. The Tirreno-Adriatico also serves as an indicator of who will be the top contenders at the Milan-Sanremo one-day classic on 21 March.


Photos: event poster with Di Luca, Simoni and Basso; stage map


Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal welcome; contact veronaman@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Since I do not speak Italian, I was curious if the Tirreno-Adriatico website offers that poster for sale. I would have liked to have it when Basso was in California last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for sale but I'll see if I can get anything; also trying to Get Giro 100th anniv posters...

    ReplyDelete