Saturday, February 6, 2010

Milan-Sanremo on Petacchi's Mind


Milan-Sanremo is still far off, one and a half months remain for the Spring classic, but the race was already on the mind of Alessandro Petacchi at today's XV edition of the G.P. Costa degli Etrusch.

After winning his third sprint of this season today Ale Jet said, "The new finish of Milan-Sanremo does not bother me. Sure, I would have preferred a finish similar to when I won (ed. note: 2005). As always it will be a course where you will have to give everything. I hope the entire team will be in good condition so that it will permit me to be near the front of the group on all the climbs. My condition is already good, and I feel good when the roads goes up."

Photo: Petacchi winning today with a lunge

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondo, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are very welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 1,200 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog and there is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

1 comment:

  1. Ale-Jet's looking lean already this year, must be hoping to get over the climbs with the leaders though in the twilight of his career -- can he get the best of young guys like Cavendish?

    ReplyDelete