Friday, January 14, 2011

A Special Visit with Ernesto Colnago

Guest contributor Maman, from Israel, has a unique story to tell:

"Hi all,

Twenty-six years ago I was the Israeli champion for few years. back then I had a Colnago "Mexico". Two years ago I decided to start cycling again and I bought a Colnago "EPS" frame.

I was highly satisfied with the frame until I noticed, about 2 months ago, that some cracks appeared in the bottom of it. I tried to get help here in Israel but nobody could actually help me since I wasn't sure if it was a crack in the carbon or just glue crack, the glue that connects between the carbon parts (ed. note: the EPS is a lugged carbon frame). Searching for an answer to my problem, I was told by a friend that maybe the Colnago factory in Italy could help me.

I searched down the address and got on a plane to Italy with the frame. The day we visited the factory was a nice sunny day, just after the holidays, on January 3, 2011. I entered the factory and just as I entered I have met the secretary.

I explained my problem to her and she called Mr.Diego; Diego is a really nice guy. Well, I explained my problem to him and showed him the frame. He took the frame to their mechanics. After a few minutes we got an answer, the frame is not cracked and it was just a glue crack, and I was very happy.

I asked Mr. Diego if Mr. Ernesto was in the factory since it was my dream to meet him. Diego went upstairs to ask Ernesto if I can take a photo with him. The answer was yes. While going upstairs my heart was pumping hard and adrenaline rushed. When we got into his room Diego took our photo. I will always remember that day.

Because of all of that I bought a new EPS with Campagnolo Super Record. I love to ride and I love COLNAGO bikes.

MAMAN UDI EHUD
ISRAEL"

Share your story. Write a story about your cycling trip, or an aspect of your trip, in Italy. Or, it can be about a granfondo experience, a special encounter, your favorite ride, etc. The period for story submissions for prizes will be January 1-February 15, 2011. Prizes will be awarded on a random basis, stories will not be judged on which is the "best" one. Nevertheless, it should be a good story for the enjoyment of all readers. Photos accompanying the story are most welcome. If you have any questions email me at veronaman@gmail.com. See photos of prizes here. Prize donated by:
CycleItalia, specializing in cycling tours in Italy
BicycleGifts.com, the premiere site for gifts and merchandise for cyclists
Enzo’s ButtonHole Chamois Cream,chamois cream for the ultimate protection
FreeBirdVelo, Italian themed T-shirts
Strada Hand Built Wheels, custom wheel building
Velo-Retro, all things retro for cycling
La Gazzetta della Bici, massage oils for cyclists


‭‮‭‮‭‮

No comments:

Post a Comment