Monday, December 12, 2011

Magico Tempe vs. Zoncolan



Simone Temperato (aka as "Magico Tempe"), from Bassano del Grappa (VI), sends in a GoPro Hero video of his latest impossible adventure, climbing and descending Zoncolan on one wheel:



Climbing in the same direction as the last Giro d'Italia, from Ovaro, Magico completed the ascent in 1 hour 16 minutes lowering his previous record by 2 minutes. Keep in mind there is an average grade of 11.5% for 10.5 km with a maximum of 22%. Related story: A mere mortal climbs Zoncolan

The descent took 22 minutes with a maximum speed of 43 km reached. Magico writes, "The descent was perfect and I never thought of achieving such a low time. Only in one hairpin did I have a moment of indecision when suddenly, I don't know why, I first lurched to the right and then left and I was forced to make an amazing recovery to regain my balance and continue."




Grazie Simone.

Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN


Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 2,200 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page.

No comments:

Post a Comment