Bill & Carol McGann will be providing an autographed book set, Volumes One and Two, of "The Story of the Giro d'Italia" to the winner of this 10 question contest. The rules are simple: first 10 correct answers (which Bill has provided) receives the books. Email replies to my address below, do not leave answers in Comments. Past contest winners excluded. More information about the book set here.
2. Who holds the record for Giro participations?
3. 1972 Giro d’Italia: What gearing did Eddy Merckx use in the two Forte dei Marmi individual time trials?
4. Why was Michele Dancelli expelled from the 1973 Giro?
5. What famous bike company owner was assassinated by the Red Guards?
6. RCS Media Group owns the Giro. Who founded the parent company that became RCS?
7. Why didn’t Giovanni Battaglin and his Inoxpran team start the 1974 Giro?
8. The controversial cancellation of what mountain pass in the 1984 Giro caused some to level accusations at the Giro organization of favoring Francesco Moser over Laurent Fignon?
9. Why was Wladimir Belli ejected from the 2001 Giro?
10. Who broke up a fight between Francesco Moser and Giambattista Baronchelli in the 1978 Giro?
Here is a trailer Bill did for the just released Volume Two:
Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN
Italian Cycling Journal
touring, having a
etc. are always
welcome. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are more than 2,400 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page .