The Italian Cycling Journal contest for an autographed book set, Volumes One and Two, of "The Story of the Giro d'Italia" is still open as no one has submitted all the correct answers to the 10 questions. The winner will receive an autographed set by the author. The rules are simple: first 10 correct answers (which Bill McGann has provided) receives the books. Email replies to my address below, do not leave answers in Comments. Past contest winners excluded. More information about the book set here. With the Giro just around the corner, starting on May 5th, this would timely reading. The books can also be purchased through Amazon and Barnes&Noble, and are also available as e-books for Kindle.
2. Who holds the record for Giro participations?
3. 1972 Giro d’Italia: What gearing did Eddy Merckx use in the two Forte dei Marmi individual time trials?
4. Why was Michele Dancelli expelled from the 1973 Giro?
5. What famous bike company owner was assassinated by the Red Guards?
6. RCS Media Group owns the Giro. Who founded the parent company that became RCS?
7. Why didn’t Giovanni Battaglin and his Inoxpran team start the 1974 Giro?
8. The controversial cancellation of what mountain pass in the 1984 Giro caused some to level accusations at the Giro organization of favoring Francesco Moser over Laurent Fignon?
9. Why was Wladimir Belli ejected from the 2001 Giro?
10. Who broke up a fight between Francesco Moser and Giambattista Baronchelli in the 1978 Giro?
Here is a trailer Bill did for the just released Volume Two:
Follow on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN
Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at email@example.com. There are more than 2,400 stories in this blog. The search feature to the right works best for finding subjects in the blog. There is also a translate button at the bottom so you can translate each page .