Marianne Vos has stamped her authority over the race once again yesterday. After winning the previous stage in Cerro al Volturno, Vos crossed the line first in Castelfidardo (AN) too. Approaching the final climb of the longest stage of the 2013 Giro Rosa, the superb Dutch rider had no rivals at all.
After winning the intermediate sprint in Fabriano and taking second place at the KOM ,won by Tiffany Cromwell (Orica Ais)-, Marianne jumped ahead in a solo attack 300 meters from the finish line. The leader of Rabo Woman Cycling Team was followed by Evelyn Stevens (Specialized Lululemon), South African champion Ashleigh Moolman (Lotto Belisol Ladies), blue jersey Tatiana Guderzo (MCipollini Ale Galassia) and the German Claudia Hausler (Team Tibco To The Top). After four stages, the olympic and world champion continues to seal her leading position in the General Classification, 1'31" ahead of Guderzo, best Italian, and 1'33" ahead Hausler.
Vos: "After finishing 2nd twice and winning two stages in a row, I couldn’t ask for anything better. Tomorrow, though, it’s going to be tough. There are still many kilometers to ride and many climbs to tackle before arriving in Cremona on Sunday. Winning is never easy and you can’t take anything for granted."
Today is the "queen" stage, Varazze – Monte Beigua (73.3 km). Report later today.
1. Vos Marianne (Rabo Woman Cycling Team) 133,00 km in 3h14'28" average speed 41,035 km/h
2. Stevens Evelyn (Specialized Lululemon) at 3"
3. Moolman Ashleigh (Lotto Belisol Ladies) at 3"
4. Guderzo Tatiana (MCipollini Ale Galassia) at 3"
5. Hausler Claudia (Team Tibco To The Top) at 7"
6. Van der Breggen Anna (Netherlands National Team) at 9"
7. Luperini Fabiana (Faren Kuota) att 18"
8. Cauz Francesca (Top Girls Fassa Bortolo) a 20"
9. Cromwell Tiffany (Orica Ais) at 20"
10. Abbot Mara (USA National Team) at 22"
1. Vos Marianne (Rabo Woman Cycling Team) in 11h31'23"
2. Guderzo Tatiana (MCipollini Ale Galassia) at 1'31"
3. Hausler Claudia (Team Tibco To The Top) at 1'33"
4. Stevens Evelyn (Specialized Lululemon) at 1'39"
5. Moolman Ashleigh (Lotto Belisol Ladies) at 1'41"
PINK Derma Fresh, General Classification: Vos Marianne (Rabo Woman Cycling Team)
CYCLAMEN Selle Italia, Points Classification: Vos Marianne (Rabo Woman Cycling Team)
GREEN Saugella, KOM Classification: Vos Marianne (Rabo Woman Cycling Team)
WHITE Algida, Young Classification: Van der Breggen Anna (Netherlands National Team)
BLUE Dama, Italian Classification: Guderzo Tatiana (MCipollini Ale Galassia)
on Twitter: ITALIANCYCJOURN or receive an email
when new content is added using the "Follow by
Email" button on the right side column. With
more than 2,900 stories in this blog the custom
search feature (right column) works best for finding
subjects in the blog. There is also a translate
button underneath the search button.
Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal about rides, granfondos,
touring, having a good time cycling in Italy,
Italian cycling history, racing, etc. are always
welcome. Contact me at email@example.com.